Many causes such as chronic diabetes mellitus, hypertension, chronic nephritis, Increased intake of salt, daily consuming pickle, more alcohol consumption, taking medicines without the physician’s advice, any blockage in the blood vessels of the kidney also paves the way for kidney disease. In the world nearly 8-10% of the people have become the victims for renal (kidney) disease.
Renal calculi, Urinary Tract Infection, Hypertensive Nephrosclerosis may also lead to Renal (kidney) failure.
Kidney helps in the excretion of toxins from the body and urinary excretion. Unwanted salts and minerals are excreted via the Glomerular filtration. It also helps to maintain the PH of the blood.
Signs of Kidney Failure :
- Decreased urinary output
- Frothy Urine
- Hematuria (Blood with urine)
- Difficulty in Urinary output
- Swelling of face, upper & lower limbs (Odema)
- General Body Weakness
- Itching of skin (pruritis)
- Tastelessness (Dysgensia)
- Nausea, vomitting, headache, giddiness
- Difficulty in breathing (Asphyxia)
- Leg pain may also occur. Dialysis is not the permanent solution for kidney failure patients.
Side Effects of Dialysis :
- Low blood pressure
- Nausea, giddiness & anxiety.
- Pus formation in the place of dialysis and dissemination which may lead to fever.
- Muscle spasm may occur.
- Generalized body pruritis.
- Sleeplessness (Insomnia) & pain in the limbs may be associated.
- Increased blood pressure. (Hyper tension)
- Blotting of the abdomen. Hernia, and increased body weight may also be a serious outcome of dialysis.
So, Dialysis alone is not the treatment solution for kidney failure. In severe conditions, the RBC count also decreases gradually (Anemia).
The initial treatment we offer is to strengthen the chyme (saram) & the blood (senneer). On the contrary, we also provide medicine to restore the kidney function which has paved the way for best results. It is absolutely of no side effects.
While undergoing treatment, the raised urea & creatinine level comes to normal. It is not necessary for the patient to continue life long treatment.
DIET SUGGESSTION FOR RENAL (KIDNEY) FAILURE PAITENTS :
1. Apart from the regular diet food, items with low salt, potassium and phosphate levels are highly beneficial.
2. Salt & Water consumption is based on the severity of the disease pedal (swelling of leg) oedema of the upper limb. Sometimes breathing difficulty (dyspnoea) may also occur.
3.The Patient should make sure that the diet they consume like tea, coffee, curd, buttermilk, Rasam (soup like item in South India), Juice, water must be in a restricted manner as per the liquid diet.
- Turmeric Powder, Coriander seeds
- Tender coconut, cool drinks, citric fruits such as orange, mosambi & fruit juices.
- Cola drinks, tea, coffee, jaggery, chocolate, malt & energy drinks.
- Dry fruits (Dates, dry grape (kismis)
- Lettuce like drumstick leaves.
- Tinned & preserved food items.
- Baking soda, Aginomotto, more salted foods like dry fish, sausage, chips, pickles, pop-corn, cornflakes, Baking powder.
- Cake, Paneer, soup varieties
- Sauce, Tomato, Soyabeans
The tuberous vegetables should not be eaten plain, They should be cooked in such a manner, that their outer skin is peeled, sliced into small pieces & boiled. The greens should also be cooked in such a manner that the boiled water is drained completely and used. Excessive oil & spices (masala) should be avoided.
Cabbage, beans, bitter guard, sabre bean, cauliflower, chow chow, snake gourd, bottle gourd, ladies finger, stem of plantain, green plantain, cucumber, tomato
1. Weekly twice - Greens
2. Daily - Egg's white yolk
3. Weekly once - fish (25 grams only).
1. Pasteurized milk 2. Refined cooking oil (Eg : Sunflower oil) 3. Rock salt can be used instead of normal table salt
Fruits to be consumed :